1) Wash your laundry in cold water only. You don’t have to pay to heat the water and your clothes last longer and keep their color better. To be even more green you can also hang clothes to dry and make your own laundry detergent.
2) Unplug your cell charger after three hours, this keeps your lithium ion battery at peak performance. I can’t remember to unplug, so I bought a timed charger like this one.
3) Put a fan in your bedroom window and use it to blow in cool night air instead of using AC while you sleep. You’ll save lots of energy and wake up with less aches and pains.
4) Sweep instead of vacuuming. Its quiet and relaxing and the repeated motion is a good workout for your abs. With a nice natural bristle broom carpets can be swept very clean.
5) Plug your TV, DVD, Playstation, Apple TV, Cable box, etc. into one power strip so you can turn them all off with one switch. You’ll sleep better without all those glowing lights and whirring fans. I plug mine into an outlet connected to a light switch so it’s really easy to reach.