We aren’t really sure if there is anything better on the planet than a dish full of molten lava cheese with spicy chorizo in it. Give this recipe a whirl and we dare you to dispute us. But just make sure you have enough chips, because once you start ...
Serves 6 to 8
- 8 oz (226 grams) Mexican chorizo
- 2 cups (226 grams) shredded Oaxaca cheese
- 2 cups (226 grams) shredded Monterey Jack
- Pico de gallo, for serving
- Tortilla chips, for serving
Divide the cooked chorizo between 6 to 8 mini cast-iron skillets (or one 8-inch [20-cm] one if you don’t love cheesy fun). Top each skillet with some of the Oaxaca and Monterey Jack cheeses. Place the mini skillets on the grill and cook long enough to melt the cheese, about 8 minutes.
Remove the skillets from the grill, then top with a spoonful of pico de gallo and serve with chips for dipping.