Thanksgiving is right around the corner. Make the holiday easier with these simple tips for a perfect holiday bird. Don’t be intimidated by the giant turkey that you have. These five things are what your turkey needs before it goes into the oven.
1. The first thing you should do is pull the gut, out of the turkey. Make sure you check both sides of the opening of the turkey.
2. The next thing to do is to let your turkey sit unwrapped in the refrigerator for one whole night so that the top dries up a little bit. This will leave you with a crispy crust. Once you remove the bird from the refrigerator, let the bird come to room temperature as you don’t want to cook it when it is too cold.
3. Then, pour some apple cider to the crust, this will leave the crust crispy and avoid it from becoming dry and wonky.
4. Next, rub some butter on all the outermost parts of the turkey this will ensure that you will get a brown super crispy crust.
5. Finally, stuff as many as apples you can fit inside the turkey as this will provide moisture to the bird.
Once the turkey is cooked, a lot of us wonder where to measure the temperature of the turkey, and the answer to that is on the meatiest part of the turkey, which is is centre of the breast as the meat is thickest there.