Need some inspiration for the upcoming Mother’s Day, (which is on Sunday, May 11, 2014) or need to write a quote in the card you got her? Here are the 10 best Mother’s Day quotes to get you started.
1. “All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” — Abraham Lincoln.
2. “There is no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” — Jill Churchill.
3. “A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest.” — Irish proverb.
4. “God could no be everywhere and therefore he made mothers.” — Jewish proverb.
5. “Mothers are all slightly insane.” — J.D. Salinger.
6. “Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.” — Unknown.
7. “A mother understands what a child does not say.” — Jewish proverb.
8. “There is no velvet so soft as a mother’s lap, no rose as lovely as her smile, no path so flowery as that imprinted with her footsteps.” — Archibald Thompson.
9. “A mother is a mother still, the holiest thing alive.” — Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
10. “We never know the love of the parent until we become parents ourselves.” — Henry Ward Beecher.
If you got inspired to get your mother a gift, check our the 10 Best Gift Ideas for Every Kind of Mom. Happy Mother’s Day!
(*Mother’s Day image via Shutterstock.)