Have you been injured in a car accident and are contemplating various personal injury lawyers to select the best one to represent your case?
Evaluating several factors when you contact car accident attorneys can help you choose the best one to get you the money you deserve after your accident. Car and motorcycle accidents can change your life, prohibiting you from participating in the activities you love or even earning the income you need to survive.
Some Sobering Car Accident Statistics
According to the law offices of Tenn and Tenn, about six million automobile accidents take place in the U.S. every year, with about 15,000 taking place right in the lawyers’ home state of New Hampshire. The best personal injury lawyers can help car accident victims recover the money they are owed for their pain, suffering, and job loss.
Motorcycle accidents may be less prevalent, but are often far more dangerous. 98% of multiple vehicle collisions result in motorcycle rider injuries, with 45%, leading to more than just a minor injury. Nearly 75% of all motorcycle crashes do involve another vehicle; in most cases, the other vehicle is a passenger car.
First Step After An Accident
Before you call any car or motorcycle accident attorneys, it’s important to first seek medical attention for your injury. During the course of treatment, though, be careful what you say about your accident. Anything you tell investors or insurance adjustors, from signed forms to oral testimony, can be used against you in a lawsuit, says Tenn and Tenn.
Choosing Motorcycle or Car Accident Attorneys
When you’re ready to evaluate personal injury lawyers, here’s what you should consider:
- How long has the firm been in business? How many combined years of experience do all lawyers on the team possess?
- What is their track record for winning personal injury, car accident or motorcycle accident lawsuits?
- Are they open and honest about the results of their cases, and willing to provide case studies that show favorable outcomes (while maintaining client confidentiality, of course)?
- Do they testimonials they share represent cases similar to yours?
- Do they stay on top of local news and issues affecting drivers and motorcycles in your home state?
- Are they a small, personalized firm or a larger law firm? You may prefer the personalized treatment a smaller firm can provide. The ideal scenario is a small firm that’s been formed by lawyers, accustomed to the pressure and high standards of a larger firm, who joined together to give their clients more personalized, friendly service.
- Do they have the knowledge and willingness to offer advice and guidance with all financial and legal aspects of your accident, including helping you and your family deal with auto and health insurance issues?
- Are the lawyers friendly and relatable? Do you get a good feeling when you call their office, which continues after you’ve met for your first consultation? Do they really care about not just your case, but you and your well-being?
- Are the lawyers in the firm ethical? Are they focused on always doing the right thing?
Finding the Best Car Accident Attorneys
It could take weeks, or just one phone call, to be certain you’ve found the best car accident attorneys to handle your personal injury lawsuit. Do your research, but also trust your instincts. The above checklist of questions can help you evaluate personal injury lawyers until you find the one that can help you through this difficult time.