Now that it’s finally warm out, I love to grill. It’s a great way to add extra flavor to your favorite fish, poultry or meat. I pick up wild fish and fresh corn from my local farmers market. Grilling a delicious salmon is easy and the perfect summer-time meal when paired with avocado salsa!
Grilling the Salmon
- 2 lbs Wild Salmon, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- In a small bowl mix the spices together – salt, coriander, onion, paprika, garlic, and black pepper.
- Check salmon filets for pinbones, then pat dry and rub spice mixture on each salmon filet
- Place in the refrigerator and allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the grill to medium high
- Grill salmon to desired tenderness (a one-inch piece will cook in 6-10 minutes)
- 2 large ears, fresh yellow corn (preferably from your farmer’s market )
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Juice from 2 limes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Pinch of cayenne (if desired)
- Refrigerate until salmon is ready to serve
Refrigerate until salmon is ready to serve.
Combine tomato, onion, corn, lime juice, garlic, olive oil, and salt to a bowl. Stir in avocado and cilantro, add cayenne if desired.
Add to the top of the salmon once grilled, serve and enjoy!
*Image of “salmon” via Shuterstock