Cinnamon buns…don’t even get me started on the smell and taste of what has got to be in my top 3 childhood memories. The sensational smell of cinnamon and sugar, and smothering the end product with some butter…gahhh. I want them now. Let’s get on with this slightly modified cinnamon bun recipe.
The purpose of this recipe is fairly simple…create a healthier cinnamon bun without any sacrifice in smell or flavour. A simple adjustment in flour, milk, and sugar and you have a snack that is much easier on your digestive system.
Don’t worry…the family will have no clue its healthier and you will look like a baking champion.
- Hand blender
- Muffin tin
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda (aluminum free)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut syrup
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp coconut syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine muffin dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and use mixer to blend well.
- Fill muffin or cupcake liners about 3/4 of the way with batter.
- Drip cinnamon topping over top of each muffin. Some will sink into batter, and you can poke with a toothpick to get more to sink in if desired.
- Bake for 20 mins, or until a toothpick inserted into centre of cupcake comes out clean.
- Let cool, and store in refrigerator or freezer.
- Great for a quick breakfast treat, or snack. Try not to inhale them. Chew slowly.
*Image of “cinnamon muffin” via Shutterstock