It’s no secret. America has a food problem. America also has a health problem. Are these two linked? Of course they are and here is the kicker:
The declining health of Americans is absolutely shocking, when you discover that we spend 2.5 times more on health care, than any other nation!
As we look at statistics like these below, we have to wonder what we are doing wrong in this country?
- Near half (41%) of us are expected to get cancer in our lifetime.
- After smoking, obesity is America’s biggest cause of premature death and linked to 70% of heart disease and 80% of diabetes, and both are connected to one thing – food.
- Empty calories from added sugars and solid fats contribute to 40% of total daily calories for 2–18 year olds and half of these empty calories come from six sources: soda, fruit drinks, dairy desserts, grain desserts, pizza, and whole milk.
- Recent reports project that by 2030, half of all adults (115 million adults) in the United States will be obese.
- Typical American diets exceed the recommended intake levels or limits in four categories: calories from solid fats and added sugars; refined grains; sodium; and trans fats.
- Americans eat less than the recommended amounts of vegetables, fruits, whole-grains, dairy products, and oils.
With these statistics, we come to the conclusion that we must change the food Americans eat. And we need to do it now. Thankfully, we are seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. The light is you, the informed American consumer. You are changing our food supply by raising your voice. Thank you!
Because of you, American food companies are changing! Citizen activists demanded companies to remove, or label ingredients, which are banned, harmful, or labeled by those same companies in countries across the globe. We have scientific evidence that many of these ingredients are linked to diseases that are on the rise in the U.S. Let’s take a look at the food companies that are changing because of your powerful voices.
Supply always meets demand! So demand the type of food future you want for yourself, your family and your loved ones. The only people who can change it are those who know what’s actually happening. Thank you for investing in our food future by being informed. Together we will change the food supply one company at a time.
This article was originally published at www.NaturallySavvy.com