Smoothies are such a great way to start your day. They take your acidic and contracted body first thing in the morning and transform it into an alkaline and relaxed body, WHEN the right ingredients are used (no dairy, processed/high glycemic sugars, or fruits with high natural sugar content). In this smoothie recipe, we provide a bump of energy, with brain food to boot.
The purpose of this smoothie recipe is to provide an energy bump first thing in the morning, to your body and mind. The combination of mood and energy enhancing cacao, along with the healthy fats in the avocado and coconut oil to boost brain function, provides a nice 1-2 punch to wake up your mind, body, and taste buds. You get several vitamins and minerals as well, through the Total Nutrition Powder.
- Good quality blender
- 1 cup of ice
- 1 avocado
- Hemp, almond, or other non-dairy milk (enough to cover)
- 1 tsp of Boku Superfood Greens Powder (warning – you may get a bit giddy using it)
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 tbsp of cacao nibs
- 1/4 tsp of vanilla powder
- Stevia (to taste)
- Optional: 1 tbsp of cacao powder, or to taste
- Add ice, avocado, and choice of milk to cover well
- Add Total Nutrition powder and vanilla (if required)
- Add coconut oil and cacao nibs
- Add sweetener, if required, and optional ingredients if desired
- Blend, adding water or milk to go smoothly
- Drink first thing in the morning, or as a mid afternoon snack. Top with a healthy cookie!