The harsh chemical compounds present in commercial shampoos may make our tresses dull, dry, and unhealthy. Going organic can save your hair from this turmoil and DIY recipes can be easy on your wallet. So, here are 5 simple DIY organic shampoo recipes that can give you beautiful, attractive hair:
1. Organic Coconut and Lemon Shampoo Recipe
This simple, easy and inexpensive shampoo can nourish both your hair and scalp to give you gorgeous locks.
- Liquid castile soap – 1 cup
- Organic coconut oil – 1 tablespoon
- Lemongrass essential oil – 20 drops
- Pour liquid castile soap into a mixing bowl.
- Add organic coconut oil and stir well.
- Add lemongrass essential oil to the opaque mixture.
- Mix everything once again.
2. Organic Shea Butter Shampoo Recipe
If your hair is extremely dry and severely damaged, this shampoo can restore its natural moisture and put it into good health.
- Liquid castile soap – 200 ml.
- Organic shea butter – 15 ml.
- Lavender essential oil – 8 to 10 drops
- Sodium bicarbonate – 1(1/2) teaspoons
- Distilled water – 50 ml.
- Melt solid shea butter by placing it over boiling water. Let it cool to room temperature.
- Mix water with sodium bicarbonate to make a solution.
- Pour this solution into liquid castile soap. Stir for a few seconds. Avoid forming too much foam.
- Add melted shea butter.
- Add lavender essential oil to the bowl.
- Blend everything together.
3. Organic Chamomile Shampoo Recipe
You can opt for this organic chamomile shampoo to turn your curly, frizzy and dry locks into soft, smooth and manageable ones.
- Solid castile soap – 2 tablespoons
- Organic chamomile tea – 1 cup
- Chamomile essential oil – 4 to 5 drops
- Pure glycerin – 1 tablespoon
- Grate a solid bar of castile soap from one side.
- Brew a cup of strong chamomile tea and pour it into the grated castile soap.
- Add glycerin.
- Add chamomile essential oil.
- Blend everything well.
4. Organic Vegetable Oil and Vinegar Shampoo Recipe
Say ‘bye bye’ to dandruff and improve the overall appearance of your hair significantly with this super effective organic shampoo.
- Liquid castile soap – 4 tablespoons
- Organic vegetable oil – 2 teaspoons
- Organic apple cider vinegar – 4 tablespoons
- Coconut flakes – 4 tablespoons
- Fresh thyme – 4 tablespoons
- Fresh rosemary – 4 tablespoons
- Distilled water – 2 cups
- Bring distilled water to a boil.
- Add coconut flakes, fresh thyme and fresh rosemary to it. Stir well and boil for 30 more minutes.
- Strain the mixture and add liquid castile soap to it.
- Pour vegetable oil and ACV into it.
- Mix everything well.
5. Organic Green Tea Shampoo Recipe
The antioxidant properties of green tea can make your tresses look healthy and beautiful by preventing grey hair and reducing hair fall.
- Liquid castile soap – 1 cup
- Organic green tea leaves – a handful
- Organic olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Organic raw honey – 1 teaspoon
- Distilled water – 1 cup
- Boil fresh green tea leaves in distilled water and brew for 30 minutes.
- Add liquid castile soap.
- Add olive oil and honey.
- Combine everything well.