If there’s one thing I coach my clients about successful weight loss, it’s the importance of setting a realistic goal when it comes to healthy eating. With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, what better time to give yourself the gift of a leaner, fit body?
By following the simple, proven tips below, you can quickly achieve the toned body you have always desired, with no strict rules to follow or killer workouts to endure.
My clients are always amazed just how easy it can be…now it’s your turn!
1) Eat a Hormonally Balanced Breakfast
Sorry folks, but a latte and bagel on-the-go isn’t healthy eating. How come? Many people experience a certain degree of carbohydrate sensitivity due to the over-consumption of refined foods, including starchy bagels, muffins and sugar-laden coffee drinks.
Sure, you might experience an instant pick-me-up, but eventually your sugar-high turns into a major-low, leaving you fatigued, foggy and craving more quick-carbs to keep you going.
A hormonally balanced breakfast is really quite simple:
- Contains a slow-burning carbohydrate such as 100% whole wheat or rye toast
- A healthy fat – such as organic almond, hemp or peanut butter
- Lean protein – a scoop of protein powder in yogurt, or an egg omelet
Morning shakes and smoothies are also excellent, easy breakfast options that can provide a fast, hormonally balanced meal that will keep you feeling full for 3-4 hours.
Here’s a favorite recipe to try:
Simply place the following ingredients in the blender and mix. It literally takes 2 minutes of preparation time!
- ¼ cup of frozen berries such as blueberries and strawberries
- 2 scoops (25 grams) of pure whey protein (read the label to be sure there are no artificial sweeteners)
- 1.5 cups of water
- 1 serving of any green food concentrate
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 tbsp. of flax oil
2) Listen to You Hunger Cues
In our super-sized world of extra large, two for one, and all you can eat, it is very easy to over-consume without even knowing it.
For example, what was once a large sized French-fry serving at a popular fast-food restaurant, is now a small size! Unfortunately, due to clever packaging and marketing, many of us are eating much more without even realizing it.
In order to break this super-sized pattern, it’s important to eat until you are sufficiently sufficed – not stuffed!
- Start becoming more in-tune by letting yourself truly get hungry and feel the grumbling in your stomach.
- Do not eat according to the clock, rather, eat according to you appetite.
- Eat slowly, and chew your food! (Remember, it takes 20 minutes for the stomach receptors to register a full signal in the brain.)
- Try to eat smaller meals more frequently.
3) Cut It Out!
Cut calories without missing them. Here are a few easy ways:
- Switch from regular beer (approximately 150-200 calories) to light beer (approximately 100 calories)
- Keep quick protein options handy such as almonds, protein powder and protein bars (protein boosts metabolism and burns more calories)
- Replace colas and juice with water or green tea instead
- Instead of bagels, enjoy whole wheat bread
4) Snack Wisely!
Beware of mindless grazing! Become a ‘smart-snacker‘ with these easy tips:
Bottom line, healthy eating means eat well and eat wisely! Stick to whole, natural foods as much as you can and you’ll be on your way to a leaner, lingerie-ready body – naturally.
This article was originally published on www.NaturallySavvy.com
*Image of “rye bread” via Shutterstock