Hummus – who doesn’t love it by now? It’s savory, nutritious, and great for your health! It’s also incredibly easy to make, all you need are a few ingredients and a food processor.
Here’s four easy recipes for you to try out, courtesy of bananawonder.com. Enjoy!
1. Herbed Avo Hummus
Herbed Avo Hummus, thebananawonder.com
- 1 1/2 cups cooked garbanzos (you can use canned, but it’s just not as good)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 4 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup water (if necessary)
Blend garlic, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and herbs in food processor until it looks like pesto. Add garbanzos and avocado and blend until smooth, adding extra water if necessary to ensure smooth blending and creamy final product.
2. Arugula Lemon Hummus
Arugula Lemon Hummus, thebananawonder.com
- 2 cups of chickpeas (or 1 16oz can)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped arugula
- extra arugula for garnish
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice from 1 lemon
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon or less of salt
In a mini food processor blend all ingredients except chickpeas until smooth. Add chickpeas and continue to pulse until smooth, adding extra bean liqueur until the desired consistency is reached. Serve in a bowl,drizzle with extra olive oil and garnish with arugula ribbons.
3. White Bean Hazelnut Hummus
White Bean Hazelnut Hummus, thebananawonder.com
- 16 ounces cooked or canned (drained) white (cannellini) beans
- 1/4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts, and a little more for on top
- 3 tablespoons hazelnut oil
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
In a food processor blend hazelnuts, 2 tbs oil, vinegar, garlic and salt for about 30 seconds. Blend in the white beans for another 2 minutes or until smooth. Top with remaining hazelnut oil and extra crushed hazelnuts.
4. Spicy Red Lentil Hummus
Spicy Red Lentil Hummus, thebananawonder.com
- 1 1/2 cups red lentils
- 3 cups water
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tsps dried red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- extra extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- chopped herbs (I used cilantro)
Heat water with lentils in saucepan until boiling. Reduce to a simmer, add 1 teaspoon chili flakes and cook for about 20 minutes, or until super soft. Let sit for about 30 minutes or more to cool off before making hummus.
In a food processor, blend everything except lentils and herbs together until smooth. Add lentils (save a few for the top) and pulse until smooth. Top with extra virgin olive oil, reserved lentils, and chopped cilantro.