WWE Rumors: Brock Lesnar Afraid to Come Back to UFC, Says Alistair Overeem

December 14, 2014 Updated: July 18, 2015

Alistrair Overeem, who recently beat heavyweight Stefan Struve on Saturday night, said that Brock Lesnar–the current WWE champion and former UFC champ–won’t come to the UFC.

Overeem said that he sees Lesnar signing another deal with the WWE. His contract is nearing the end, and there’s been rumors and speculation that he might come back to the UFC.

“He’s not going to come back,” Overeem told MMAFighting. “There’s a couple of reasons, but reason No. 1 is he’s going to get his ass kicked. He doesn’t like that so he ain’t going nowhere. He’s staying at WWE.”

UFC head Dana White has said that he would welcome Lesnar back to the UFC, adding he has a “great relationship” with him. And with the signing of ex-WWE champ CM Punk, it appears that Lesnar would be signed should he want to return.

When Overeem fought Frank Mir and won earlier this year, he called out Lesnar. Several years ago, Overeem sent Lesnar into retirement after he TKOed him with a body shot.

Ex-WWE commentator Jim Ross also commented on the Lesnar situation

“It looks to me like he’s gotten back on track,” Ross told Fox. “He looks phenomenal strength-wise. He’s just scary looking. He’s more scary looking than he was before he left [WWE the first time].”

“I see no reason he couldn’t have the potential to return to the UFC and sell pay-per-views,” Ross also said.

Ross noted that Lesnar, 37, could also simply retire from everything and go home to his wife and children.

“He likes the solitude, he likes the isolation, he likes to be with his family and raise his boys,” Ross added. “He’s the kind of guy that can say, ‘I’m done with all of it.'”