Vegas ‘Hero’ Security Guard Cancels 5 Interviews and Goes Missing

October 13, 2017 Updated: October 13, 2017    

The “hero” security guard who was allegedly shot by Las Vegas gunman Stephen Paddock canceled an interview with Fox News’s Sean Hannity and four other media on Thursday and his whereabouts remain unknown.

Jesus Campos had five interviews booked for Thursday before he disappeared, according to Campos’s union president who spoke to ABC journalist Stephanie Wash.

“We were in a room and we came out and he was gone,” the president said.

Campos’s whereabouts remained unknown Thursday night.

After Campos failed to appear on Sean Hannity’s 9 p.m. show, investigative reporter Laura Loomer asked Hannity about the absence on Twitter.

“He canceled,” Hannity wrote on Twitter in response to Loomer’s question.

Loomer visited Campos’s home after learning that he canceled the interview. A woman answered the door and said she could not say anything. Shortly after, an armed guard in a red shirt appeared asking Loomer to leave the property.

Campos is at the center of a disagreement between law enforcement authorities and the owners of Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino about the timeline of the Oct. 1 massacre.

MGM Resorts International, which owns Mandalay Bay, released a statement Thursday challenging the timeline relayed to the public by Las Vegas Metro Police Department, which is working with the FBI to investigate the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history.

“We know that shots were being fired at the festival lot at the same time as, or within 40 seconds after, the time Jesus Campos first reported that shots were fired over the radio,” MGM wrote.

MGM’s statement continues to say that Metro officers and armed Mandalay Bay security guards were already in the building when Campos reported shots fired and that they responded to the 32nd floor immediately upon learning of the radio report.

MGM’s timeline is in conflict with what Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo has relayed to the public in the latest update on the investigation. Paddock strafed the 32nd-floor hallway with 200 bullets wounding Campos at 9:59 p.m. and began shooting at the crowd six minutes later, Lombardo said.

The six-minute difference, though small, is at the center of the controversy since police and hotel security could eventually be blamed for the delayed response as the gunman killed dozens from the hotel window.

The armed guard was staged at Campos’s house when Loomer first visited the home earlier this week. Loomer, who posts updates of her independent investigation on Twitter, learned that the company the guard claims to work for has a business license that expired in January this year. The guard refused to answer any questions.

Investigators are still trying to answer why Paddock, a high-stakes video poker player, prepared for and carried out an attack that killed 58 people and injured hundreds before taking his own life.

From NTD.tv