Shocking Video Shows Florida Shooting Suspect Nikolas Cruz Fighting Students in 2016

February 19, 2018 Updated: February 19, 2018

Newly released footage shows the teenager who admitted to killing 17 people in Florida last week fighting fellow students back in 2016.

The video shows Nikolas Cruz, who opened fire at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on Feb. 14, brawling with other students at the school in September 2016.

The video is blurry but appears to show Cruz flailing his arms as some students charge him and others pull him back.

Cruz was suspended for two days after the incident.

It was one of five documented incidents that prompted school officials to expel Cruz, reported Local10.

“Every day we’re learning something more and more about the killer,” Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel told the broadcaster.

Students told Buzzfeed that that Cruz grew angry that a student began dating his ex-girlfriend, and started messaging the student threats including, “iam [sic] going to shoot you dead.”

Neighbors had told officials about the raft of trouble that Cruz caused in their neighborhood, while call logs to the sheriff’s office revealed that officers were summoned to the premises dozens of times over the years.

“The police were in the driveway a lot,” one neighbor said.


The FBI was also warned multiple times after Cruz made threats on YouTube and other social media websites.

“I’m going to be a professional school shooter,” Cruz wrote on YouTube at one point.

The day after the shooting, Cruz was charged with 17 counts of premeditated murder.

Law enforcement officials said he admitted to committing the massacre.

It’s possible Cruz plans to plead guilty to try to avoid the death penalty.

The victims were mostly students but also included a few teachers, including a football coach who shielded students from bullets with his body.

It was also revealed that an ROTC student helped save lives during the massacre.

From NTD.tv

Recommended Video:

Follow Zachary on Twitter: @zackstieber