Pregnant Victim of Domestic Assault and Unborn Child Die After Severe Beating: Police

April 17, 2019 Updated: April 17, 2019

An Oklahoma woman and her unborn baby have died after being violently beaten by the woman’s boyfriend, police said.

Allyssa Fielding was severely injured by Colby Wilson, who left her entire body covered in bruises, police said.

Officers responded to the Sawhill Apartments in Tulsa on April 15 after Wilson’s mother called 911 and said her son threatened to commit suicide. When officers arrived they found Fielding, who was unresponsive.

“We found a victim receiving CPR from the suspect’s mother. She didn’t have a heartbeat, and her unborn 6-month-along baby did not have a heartbeat,” Tulsa Police Sergeant Shane Tuell told News On 6.

Fielding suffered collapsed lungs, skull fractures, and other severe injuries, the Tulsa Police Department said in a statement. Wilson was charged with one count of first-degree murder for killing the unborn child and aggravated assault and battery for beating Fielding.

Fielding later died at the hospital from her injuries after her baby was pronounced dead.

This is Allyssa Fielding, the happy, vibrant young lady her family wants to remember. Unfortunately, she died last night…

Posted by FOX23 Sara Hart on Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Police said that Wilson would be charged with a second 1st Degree Murder, the department stated in an update.

According to police records, Wilson has been arrested before for beating Fielding. She was hospitalized with injuries including a broken nose, broken facial bones, and a broken hand, and had been beaten with an extension cord.

Police said she still had bruises from her past injuries.

Wilson was sent to prison for 18 months for what was supposed to be a three-year sentence, but he was released in July 2018, reported Tulsa World.

Fielding had filed an emergency protective order against Wilson in October 2016, and the order was finalized for five years in January 2017. He was charged in May 2017, before he went to prison, with violation of the order, but the count was later dismissed at the request of the state.

In October 2017, Fielding filed a motion to vacate the protective order but the motion was denied. After his release from prison, Wilson was on probation and post-incarceration supervision.

Fielding ultimately chose to return to Wilson, those close to the case said.

You will have heard and seen the story in the Tulsa media last night and today about Allyssa Fielding. Our hearts and…

Posted by Family Safety Center on Tuesday, April 16, 2019

“There wasn’t much more that could be done until she was willing to make the change herself,” Suzann Stewart, the director of Tulsa’s Family Safety Center, which helps abused woman, told News On 6.

“If you stay in that relationship, for whatever reason, if you believe you can change them or believe they have something to offer you, the only thing they potentially have to offer you is an early grave,” Tull added.

Madi Ambrose, who went to high school with Wilson, said that he was always violent.

“I was shocked and disgusted, but I really wasn’t surprised, which is really sad,” Ambrose told ABC 8. “He’s always been known as a troubled kid.”

Stewart of the center said that Fielding was at one point held against her will by Wilson.

“He did keep her imprisoned for some time. She was able to escape and ran two and a half miles in the middle of the night to seek help,” she said.

Follow Zachary on Twitter: @zackstieber