Ohio: Evacuations in Canton After Chemical Spill
A chemical spill in Canton, Ohio on Monday has forced evacuations of blocks of homes.
After firefighters responded to a fire at the 1800 block of 22nd Street Northeast around 2 p.m., they saw white smoke and called a hazmat team, reported WEWS.
The building was still smoldering several hours later.
The following area was evacuated: from 25th Street NE on the north, 4th Street NE on the south, Rowland Avenue on the west and Grace Avenue on the east. Nearby Crenshaw Middle School was also evacuated.
The Canton Memorial Civic Center is a temporary shelter.