A video, shot on earlier this month, in New South Wales, Australia, shows the very real reaction of several children running away from the backyard paddling pool after a deadly funnel web spider was found.
The children were able to alert their father, who had the spider removed and sent to the Australian Reptile Park, according to the Mirror.
The spider is known for its poisonous fangs and large size, are one of Australia’s deadliest arachnids. With a body up to 2 inches wide, the spiders can get to around 4 1/2 inches in length. These spiders’ bites can penetrate a toenail, and it seems like their venom works especially well on humans.
— SwimSolutionS (@SwimSolutionS) January 8, 2016
The spiders also used to make an anti-venom for their own poison. Here is a video that shows the best way to catch them, but one should take extreme precaution first.