Springsteen curfew: A year after his set was cut off due to a noise curfew in London, Bruce Springsteen will play at the London Hard Rock Calling at a different location.
Bruce Springsteen will return to a music festival in London after a neighborhood noise curfew cut his duet with Paul McCartney short a year ago.
Springsteen and The E Street Band will headline the London Hard Rock Calling, which is moving the event to London’s Olympic Park, reported The Associated Press. The organizers moved the event from Hyde Park amid noise complaints from residents of the wealthy neighborhood.
Last year, the Hard Rock Calling had to cut off The Boss’s set, which overran by around a half-hour, due to noise restrictions. The set was pulled shortly before 11 p.m., according to The Telegraph.
According to The Express, their microphones were switched off by concert workers.
The move prompted E Street Band guitarist Steve Van Zandt to decry the United Kingom as a “police state,” while London Mayor Boris Johnson said the move was “excessively efficacious,” according to the Telegraph.
Other headliners include the Klaxtons, The Black Crowes, Paul Weller, Miles Kane, The Cribs, and Kasabian.
The Newham Council, which will issue the license for the show, said it is still considering the application, according to the Telegraph. It said that normally, live music events generally should end by 11 p.m.
Tickets go on sale for the event Friday at www.hardrockcallling.co.uk, which will take place June 30.
The Epoch Times publishes in 35 countries and in 21 languages. Subscribe to our e-newsletter.