US Blocked 100 Ships From Iranian Ports, Says CENTCOM

The United States started blocking commercial ships from entering and exiting Iranian ports on April 13.
US Blocked 100 Ships From Iranian Ports, Says CENTCOM
An Iranian tugboat is in the foreground as cargo ships sit at anchor in the Strait of Hormuz off Bandar Abbas, Iran, on May 4, 2026. Amirhosein Khorgooi/ISNA via AP
|Updated:

The United States revealed that it had blocked 100 commercial ships from entering and exiting Iranian ports and coastal areas in just over a month, according to a statement by U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) on May 23.

The blockade, which began on April 13 following a proclamation by President Donald Trump, covered all Iranian ports on the Arabian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman.

Google LogoMark Us Preferred on Google
Jacki Thrapp
Jacki Thrapp
Author
Jacki Thrapp is an Emmy® Award-winning journalist based in Nashville. She previously worked at The New York Post, Fox News Channel and has written a series of Off-Broadway musicals in NYC. Contact her at [email protected]