Toronto Mayor John Tory said he is not ruling out adding more public health restrictions in attempts to curb the spread of COVID-19 in the city.
However, with increasing CCP virus counts, Tory is considering discussing with Ford to implement further measures in Toronto.
‘We’re at a Critical Point’
Meanwhile in Manitoba, chief public health officer Dr. Brent Roussin said on Monday that the province may impose more restrictions as COVID-19 numbers continue to rise.
"We're at a critical point where we need to change these dynamics," Roussin said. “I've met with the premier this morning to discuss the need for further restrictions, and nothing has been off the table.”
The order went into effect on Nov. 7 at 10 p.m. and will expire on Nov. 23 at 12 p.m.
‘Lockdown is Not the Solution’
In Alberta, Premier Jason Kenney said that lockdowns are “devastating” and will “inflict untold damage on the economic, social, and mental health of millions of Albertans.”
At a press conference on Monday, Kenney said that a lockdown “constitutes a massive invasion of the exercise of people’s fundamental rights and a massive impact on not only their personal liberties, but their ability to put food on the table, to sustain themselves financially that has huge downstream effects.”
He also made a comparison between the deaths related to COVID-19 and other causes, while not dismissing the seriousness of the CCP virus, which emerged from China last year and causes the COVID-19 disease.
“To date, we’ve lost approximately 340 lives, sadly to COVID-19. In a typical year, 16,000 to 17,000 people pass away in Alberta. And so currently, this represents a tiny proportion of the deaths in our province,” he said.