Vhong Navarro Dead? No, Actor Recovering in Hospital After Getting Beaten

January 30, 2014 Updated: July 18, 2015

Vhong Navarro is not dead, despite some rumors that he was beaten to death following his situation with Deniece Cornejo and Cedric Lee.

Navarro went to Cornejo’s apartment last week to have dinner with her, he said, per her invitation.

But when he got there he was surrounded by a group of men who held him at gunpoint and beat him.

They later made him admit to trying to rape Cornejo–something he denies doing–and told him that they would release the video of the forced confession if he didn’t pay them money.

That group was led by businessman Cedric Lee.

Lee and Cornejo claim that Navarro tried to rape Cornejo, a 22-year-old student and model, but CCTV footage from the building backs up Navarro’s story.

Lee and Cornejo, along with six others, been hit with a series of criminal charges including illegal detention.

Navarro is still recovering in a hospital in an undisclosed location following the beating. He gave an interview to ABS-CBN, the broadcaster that he works for, from his hospital bed. In the video he looks like he was in pretty bad shape.

His recovery has included multiple surgeries.

MORE:

Vhong Navarro Gets Death Threats After Getting Beaten: Lawyer

Deniece Cornejo Denies Having Sexual Activities with Vhong Navarro on First Date

Follow Zachary on Twitter: @zackstieber
RECOMMENDED