UK Says No Staff or Military Hurt in Kabul Blasts

By Reuters
Reuters
Reuters
August 26, 2021 Updated: August 26, 2021

LONDON—Britain’s defence ministry said none of its military or government staff in Kabul were amongst the casualties from explosions near the city’s airport earlier on Thursday.

“There have been no reported UK military or UK Government casualties following the incidents in Kabul,” the Ministry of Defence said. “UK forces are working closely with our partners to provide security and medical assistance.”

By Kate Holton

Reuters
Reuters