Two 13-Year-Olds Arrested Over School ‘Kill List’
Two 13-year-olds were arrested for allegedly making a “kill list” for their middle school in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
On Monday, police said the two boys were arrested after an investigation that started when officers responded to “suspicious circumstances” at Sabin Middle School, CBS News reported.
The students had a “kill list” and were discussing how to conduct an attack against students, staff, and school property.
“That was their terminology that they used in identifying some individuals that they wanted to punish,” police spokesman Lt. Howard Black said.
“There were threats to faculty, students and facilities,” he added, as reported by KRDO.
— Breaking911 (@Breaking911) October 9, 2017
Guns were recovered after an investigation. In a news conference with police, officials said the two boys had the “ability to control” the guns, KOAA-TV reported.
Officials think that the two boys were the only ones involved in the plot.
The unnamed children were detained at a juvenile detention center.
“It’s scary to think that anybody would be on a list, but its understandable these days,” said parent Janitha Allen, according to KOAA-TV. “They’re little kids 11 to 13 years old, how do they have that kind of hatred?” asked another parent.
Huchim and Jorge Lopez, who are both 8th-graders at Sabin Middle School, told KRDO that they knew the two boys.
“For, like, three weeks, he had been talking about shooting up the school,” Jorge said. “From what he was going to bring and everything like that, pipe bombs and, like, his parent’s guns.”
“The last three weeks before he got arrested, he seemed pretty depressed,” Huchim said.