New Yorkers may wish to commute to New Jersey for the theatre offerings that are coming up in late winter, early spring. The Garden State has arts that will warm your spirit, make you laugh and come back again and again for the finest professional performances. We have a top 10 list that can’t be beat even by Big Apple standards.
1. Centenary Stage Company (Hackettstown) In the Car with Blossom and Len onstage from 2/28 to 3/8
2. Paper Mill Playhouse (Millburn) The Hunchback of Notre Dame onstage from 3/4 to 4/4
3. New Jersey Repertory Company (Long Branch) The M. Spot onstage from 2/26 to 3/29
4. Two River Theater (Red Bank) Guadalupe in the Guest Room onstage from 2/14 to 3/15
5. The George Street Playhouse (New Brunswick) Buyer and Cellar onstage from 3/3 to 3/29
6. Crossroads Theatre Company (New Brunswick) Repairing a Nation onstage from 2/26 to 3/8
7. The Growing Stage: The Children’s Theatre of NJ (Netcong) And Then Came Tango 3/6 to 3/29
8. McCarter Theatre (Princeton) Ken Ludwig’s Baskerville: A Sherlock Holmes Mystery onstage from 3/10 to 3/29
9. American Theater Group at UCPAC’s Hamilton Stage (Rahway) In a Forest, Dark and Deep onstage from 4/8 to 4/19
10. Luna Stage Company (West Orange) Tar Beach onstage from 4/9 to 5/9
With these theater offerings coming up soon, New Jersey arts has never had it so good.
Photo Credit: Alfredo Heureca