Since 1994, Wingstop Inc. has been home to made-to-crave wings and hand-cut seasoned fries, and over the past five years, mouthwatering returns for investors.
Since January 2016, Wingstop stock’s five-year return has outperformed several of the world’s most popular entertainment, automotive, and tech stocks: Walt Disney Co., Netflix Inc., Ford Motor Company, and Amazon.com Inc.
Wingstop is a high-growth franchisor and operator of restaurants specializing in cooked-to-order, hand-sauced, and tossed chicken wings.
Wingstop has 11 proprietary flavors, which range from extremely hot to mild. The company is based in Addison, Texas.
Here’s how the returns break down from January 2016 to present:
- Disney is up from $109.30 to $139.87 for a return of 27.97 percent.
- Ford is up from $12.51 to $20.88 for a return of 67.17 percent.
- Netflix is up from $142.45 to $400.52 for a return of 181.24 percent.
- Amazon is up from $835.77 to $2,922.37 for a return of 249.67 percent.
- And finally, Wingstop is up from $28.16 to $142.07 for a return of 404.51 percent.
By Henry Khederian
© 2021 The Epoch Times. The Epoch Times does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.