Web surfers all over the world took a jump into hyperspace Tuesday, joining many geeky "scruffy-looking nerf-herders" out there, uniting forces to celebrate the fan-based holiday of May the 4th be with you.
If you didn't get that, try reading it again… May the 4th be with you.
Star Wars fans all of the world were busy on Tuesday posting quotes, writing blogs, scrapping surfing wikipedia.org for the more far, far away wookieepedia.com, and having Star Wars movie marathons. However, according to the official 'Star Wars' website, the actual Star Wars day is May 25. That date in 1977 marks the original release of Star Wars: A New Hope.
Some might think, "I have a really bad feeling about this," considering that some die-hard fans created the website 501st.com, that literally recruits people to join the ranks of "stormtroopers," by going to events, doing charities, and anything else Star Wars related. Here's to a happy "May the 4th be with you" day, and to commemorate it on our part (in the few hours that are indeed left on the East coast of North America), here are quiz for you. See if you can match our top ten favorite Star Wars quotes with the characters that uttered the words, and the film they were in (Hint: We prefer the original series):
1. "I have a really bad feeling about this." (too easy!)
2. "All his life has he looked away… to the future, to the horizon."
3. "We seem to be made to suffer. It’s our lot in life."
4. "The Force is what gives a Jedi his power."
5. "You should have paid him when you had the chance."
6. "You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life."
7. "I find your lack of faith disturbing."
8. "The dark side crowds everything."
9. "Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking Nerf herder." (ok, ok, that's really too easy… but we love it!)
10. "I saw a city in the clouds."
It is safe to say, however, weather you are young or old, a fan or not, its hard to imagine life without Star Wars. From the billions of dollars the franchise has made, George Lucas has really created a whole universe that the world has enjoyed and cherished.
Answers to our quiz will be posted tomorrow. If they aren't completely obvious to you, and you're that eager, there's always Google. Once again, here's to you having had a happy "May the 4th be with you" day!