One of the worst things about working in an office, a factory, or other job where there are a lot of people is that there are a lot of illnesses. Any time one person has a cold or the flu and goes to work, they spread the illness to their co-workers, who spread it to others. It often seems like there is never a time when there isn’t some kind of illness going around the workplace. There are ways you can protect yourself from many of these illnesses. The key is to try to live as healthy a lifestyle as possible in order to build up your immune system. Here are some tips that will help:
- It is very important to not touch your face with your hands during the work day.You are touching all kinds of things at work that other people touch, and your hands are picking up all kinds of germs. When you touch your face, you are spreading germs and bacteria. For all you ladies out there, an added bonus for not touching your face is that you are not going to get your makeup smudged.
Solution: It is a good idea to wash your hands frequently throughout the day.
- You should also refrain from touching your hair too much. While it probably isn’t going to make you sick, it will make your hairstyle go flat. Also, because there is oil on your skin, it is going to transfer to your hair. It will end up making your hair greasy, and it will be dull looking.
Solution: Use hair repair system Pro-Naturals to make your hair look stunning.
- We all need snacks throughout the day in order to recharge, but we need to choose snacks that are healthy as opposed to those that come from the vending machines in the cafeteria. It only takes a few minutes to prepare your own healthy snacks at home.
Solution: Enjoy fresh fruits, trail mix, etc., which are loaded with vitamins and protein that will give you the energy you need to get through the day without dragging your system down with junk food.
- Speaking of junk food, instead of buying your lunches, prepare them at home instead. You will be eating much healthier foods, because you won’t be headed to the local take-outs every day. You will also be saving money.
Solution: Start cooking your lunches by yourself, Fitness magazine has lots of great recipes to start with.
- Everyone should get at least a half an hour of exercise each and every day. This doesn’t mean that you have to do hard workouts at the gym every day. But, you should at least try to get out for a walk, do some chair yoga or other exercises in your seat, etc.
Solution: Every so often while working, take a break to do a couple of minutes of stretching and breathing exercises.
- If you are a smoker, make the effort to kick the habit. Studies show that those who quit smoking when they are 40 lower their risk of smoke-related death by 90 percent.
Solution: Instead of having a smoke, go for a walk.
- Talk to your employer about adding healthier options to the snack machine, creating exercise programs, and wellness programs that can benefit your health, and the health of your coworkers.
- Take time out to help others. This can make you feel good about yourself and avoid getting the blues.
Solution: Join a community group, help a family member, etc. and enjoy the rewarding feeling of doing something for someone else.
- Spend time with your friends, especially in the winter when people are less apt to go out of the home. Everyone needs to interact with others, and not just online.
Solution: Go shopping with friends, schedule coffee dates, go to movies, and more. Being around others will help to keep your spirits high.
Image Source: Lay Sedlakova