Recalling Persecution of Falun Gong in China
Twenty-three years ago, the Chinese Communist Party officially started clamping down on Falun Gong. We hear from someone who practices the meditation discipline and how he refused to back down in the face of persecution.
At the same time, events across the United States are raising awareness about the continued persecution, and lawmakers in Washington are showing their support.
It’s long been believed that Beijing holds major influence over the NBA. Now, a star athlete-turned activist is pointing to certain recordings as proof of that suspicion.
An official Chinese report says at least 10 new COVID-19 variants have been detected in the past two weeks. Authorities are calling it a warning sign of a surge.
Topics in this episode:
- Recalling Persecution of Falun Gong in China
- Raising Awareness of Persecution in China
- Enes Freedom: NBA Run by Chinese Dictatorship
- Central China Sees Covid-19 Outbreak Amid Heatwave
- China: Fast Growing Omicron Variants Cause Concern
- Flower-Buying Banned on Anniv. of Flood Disaster
- Lawmakers Call for Boosting Taiwan Arms Sales
- Keith Krach, Former Under Secretary of State: Chips Bill Reduces U.S. Dependence on China, Taiwan
Have other topics you want us to cover? Drop us a line: email@example.com
And if you’d like to buy us a coffee: https://donorbox.org/china-in-focus
Subscribe to our newsletter for more first-hand news from China.
Follow China in Focus on social media:
Click the “Save” button below the video to access it later on “My List”
Follow EpochTV on social media: