Read Why Discovery, AT&T Shares Are Trading Higher Today

By Benzinga
Benzinga
Benzinga
January 3, 2022 Updated: January 3, 2022

AT&T Inc. won a “favorable” ruling from the Internal Revenue Service for the planned merger of its entertainment company WarnerMedia with television conglomerate Discovery Inc.

AT&T and Discovery each reported the ruling in a regulatory filing dated December 29.

After announcing the deal in May, the companies began a Reverse Morris Trust, enabling AT&T and its partner to complete the process without incurring capital gains taxes.

AT&T looks to separate WarnerMedia from its other holdings for the merger with New York-based Discovery.

As per the merger terms, AT&T stockholders will control 71 percent of the new company, and Discovery’s stockholders will own the other 29 percent.

By Anusuya Lahiri

© 2021 The Epoch Times. The Epoch Times does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.


Benzinga