For more news related to the CCP virus, see The Epoch Times special coverage of the CCP virus outbreak.
Californians may check CalFire’s website for fires and containment statuses. People may also sign up for alerts in their county. People can visit airnow.gov to check air quality status throughout the day. It is updated hourly.
Have any tips? Get in touch with us at email@example.com
- Sonoma County has opened a FEMA Mobile Registration Intake Center in Santa Rosa for those affected by the Meyers and Walbridge fires.
- Santa Cruz County is planning to move to Phase I of hazardous debris removal next week.
- Santa Cruz County has only one emergency evacuation shelter still in operation.
- Monterey County lifts bacteria beach advisory at Carmel Beach.
- Mendocino County announces a clean air room advisory.
- The San Francisco 49ers will start their football season playing against the Arizona Cardinals at Levi’s® Stadium without fans on Sept. 13. A traffic advisory was issued.
- Carmel Beach and Monterey Municipal Beach are under advisory due to higher levels of bacteria.
- Siskiyou County announced that a man was arrested on Sept. 8 for attempted murder during fire evacuations.
- The San Francisco Fire Department will hold a Sept. 11 remembrance ceremony via Facebook livestream at 7:30 a.m.
- The SCU fire is 97 percent contained, LNU is 94 percent, North Complex is 23 percent, Creek Fire is 0 percent, and CZU is 84 percent.
- The owner of the salon Nancy Pelosi visited said the salon will close.
- San Mateo County has declared the hazardous waste due to the CZU Lightning Complex fires a health emergency.
- Santa Cruz County closes the Cabrillo College CZU Lightning Complex Fire evacuation shelter at 5 p.m. on Sept. 9.
- Lake County has scheduled a Health Emergency Declaration on Sept. 10 at 1 p.m.
- Berkeley pools will reopen on Sept. 14 for those age 16 and older by appointment.
- California fires cause smoke to cover sky. Bay Area residents wake up to find the sky red-orange and ash everywhere.
- On Sept. 3, Judge Kendall Newman ruled that Mr. C will disclose his name, city, and state of residence. Only his address will be redacted. Mr. C, a lawyer with no apparent prior affiliation with fugitive Juan Tang, was willing to risk his home equity to bail her out.
- The El Dorado Fire caused by a pyrotechnic device used during a baby’s gender reveal party is now burning at over 11,000 acres.
- BART announced it will increase weekday commute frequency starting Sept. 14.
- Santa Clara County has transitioned to Red Tier of the state’s COVID-19 framework and will allow more businesses to resume.
- Santa Cruz County announces free meals for CZU fire evacuees.
- Santa Cruz County announces its transition to the Red Tier phase of reopening, easing economic restrictions.
- Yolo County announces a write-in candidate nomination period for the general election from Sept. 7 to Oct. 20.
- The Creek Fire, east of Fresno, is burning at 143,929 acres and zero percent contained. The National Guard helped rescue 200 trapped by the fire.
- Spare the Air is extended to Sept. 9.
*The Epoch Times refers to the novel coronavirus, which causes the disease COVID-19, as the CCP virus because the Chinese Communist Party’s coverup and mismanagement allowed the virus to spread throughout China and create a global pandemic.