This page covers general news updates weekly, in addition to the coverage of the CCP virus* outbreak in Northern California.
For more news related to the CCP virus, see The Epoch Times special coverage of the CCP virus outbreak.
Californians may check CalFire’s website for fires and containment statuses. People may also sign up for alerts in their county. People can visit airnow.gov to check air quality status throughout the day. It is updated hourly.
Have any tips? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The August Complex Fire is 47 percent contained, North Complex Fire is 79 percent contained, Creek Fire is 44 percent contained, and Glass Fire is 5 percent contained.
- The Northern California Hong Kong club will lead a rally at 11:30 a.m. at the San Francisco Chinese Consulate on China’s National Day to protest China’s human rights abuses.
- Berkeley issues a red flag warning for Berkeley hills.
- Sacramento County aims to move to the Orange Tier 3 by Halloween.
- Yolo County is moved to Red Tier and may allow some businesses to reopen indoors.
- San Francisco will allow indoor dining and places of worship to resume starting Sept. 30.
- Bay Area health officials remind residents to celebrate Halloween and Día de Los Muertos safely.
- Three wildfires popped up over the weekend, prompting evacuations.
*The Epoch Times refers to the novel coronavirus, which causes the disease COVID-19, as the CCP virus because the Chinese Communist Party’s coverup and mismanagement allowed the virus to spread throughout China and create a global pandemic.