Mother Recalls Scene at Las Vegas Concert Shooting

October 2, 2017 Updated: October 9, 2017

A woman from Idaho who witnessed first hand the mass shooting in Las Vegas said the experience was “the scariest thing that’s ever happened in my entire life.”

Lisa Fine, who attended all three nights of the Route 91 Harvest Music Festival was seated in the VIP section when the wild shots occurred. She told ABC’s Good Morning America what the scene was like on Sunday, Oct. 1.

“People kept telling me, ‘It’s not real. It’s not real,’ and I said, ‘It is real. Get down,” Fine, the mom of two told Good Morning America. “I just knew that the bullets were flying everywhere and if we got up, we could die. I saw people getting shot right in front of me. It was horrifying.”

Fine said she and a group of other concertgoers crawled underneath bleachers in the VIP section so they could be shielded from the bullets, ABC News reported.

“[We] just stayed under the metal as long as we could,” said Fine. “The bullets could have [gone] through that, but we just figured he was shooting at targets and everybody was running. I figured our best bet to survive was to climb underneath the bleachers.”

On Facebook Fine said she was lucky and only got a minor injury as she scrambled to take cover.

“OMG…I am freaking out. Can’t stop shaking. People were getting killed right in front of us. We saw a truck go by with so many bodies as we escaped,” she wrote in a post.

Fine recorded videos on her phone so that if she was hurt, there would be a record for her family.

“I just kept recording because I thought, if I am going to die, I wanted my kids and my family to know what happened,” she told Good Morning America.

Fine said the bullets were “raining down,” adding that she “could hear bullets hitting and people just screaming and crying” for what felt like “forever.”

“Then finally they stopped for a longer period of time, and that’s when we thought we need to make a break for it,” Fine recalled.

As soon as she was safe, she said she “immediately” called her friends and family.

“I called my two kids, Ashley and Brandon, and I called my mom and my sister and just told everybody we were OK and we lived. I just can’t stop shaking,” she said. “I just keep thinking of all those people that were shot and wounded, and my heart just breaks. I can’t even imagine their families, what they’re going through right now.”

“I’m afraid to even fly, and I’m going home right now to California,” she said from the airport.

In a more recent Facebook post, Fine said she was still in “complete shock” and detailed more of what she saw at the scene.

“I am still in complete shock. … I saw wounded piled in the back of a truck because they were racing to the hospital and there wasn’t [sic] ambulances yet,” she wrote.

“I saw people on the ground and their loved ones were risking their lives to stay with them and try and save them. I watched a man performing CPR right out in front of me. I keep hearing the semi-automatic gunfire in my head and seeing all those bodies. I will never be the same” she added. 

The full interview can be seen below.