Mom of 2 Falls to Death After Meeting Mystery Man

By Ivan Pentchoukov
Ivan Pentchoukov
Ivan Pentchoukov
Ivan has reported for The Epoch Times on a variety of topics since 2011.
November 18, 2017 Updated: November 19, 2017

The family of a young Texas mother of two is seeking answers. She died in a fall from the top floor of a parking garage after meeting a mystery man.

Taylor Gruwell-Miller, 26, fell to her death from The Icon at Ross apartment parking garage in Dallas on Sept. 23. In a surveillance video, she is seen walking with a man she met at a treatment facility she attended to help with her prescription drug abuse.

Rich Gruwell, the woman’s father, said that she was not suicidal. While at the facility, she wrote to her family about how she missed her children and couldn’t wait to see them again.

“We talked about her kids, and how proud I was of her,” Gruwell told WFAA. “I was always proud of her.”

Gruwell-Miller met a former college football linebacker while at the facility. The man was on probation for a drug conviction. Gruwell-Miller left the facility with the man two days before her death.

Gruwell-Miller called several family members and her father on the night of her death. In a brief call, she asked her dad for some gas money. Hours later, she was found dead.

In the surveillance video, Gruwell-Miller is seen holding hands with the man she met. The two then get into a black car and drive to the top floor of the garage. A few minutes later, the man comes back to the third floor alone.

Police said the man sent a text message to his friend two hours later asking if he has seen her and that she was gone when he came back to the top floor. He texted the friend again at 2 a.m. asking, “Is she with you?”

The man was charged with a crime so he was not identified. He refused to meet with detectives.

According to the man’s written statement, he left Gruwell-Miller and his dog on the top level and went back down to talk to his friend. When he came back, Gruwell-Miller was no longer there, so he went driving with his dog to look for her. The surveillance video does not confirm any of the claims. Police also found no evidence of the dog either in the video or when they searched the car.

The man was found unconscious in his car on the morning after Gruwell-Miller died. He was sobbing and told police that someone close to him died.

The woman’s family just wants to know if she fell or if she was pushed.

“I think there’s one person at least that knows what happened to my daughter, and I just wish that person would tell the truth, whatever that truth is,” Rich Gruwell said. “Just come forward and say what happened.”

Gruwell sent a letter to the man’s family imploring them to convince their son to tell the truth. He included a picture of his daughter’s children inside.

Gruwell-Miller’s two children, 2-year-old Greyden and 4-year-old Emory, still don’t know their mom died. Their grandfather doesn’t know how to break the news to them. Both are currently with their dad.

Their dad is a good man,” Gruwell said. “He is doing the best he can.”

People with information about the identity of the people in the video above or about the incident are encouraged to contact Detective Derick Chaney at 214-671-3650 or Please refer to case number 218587-2017.


Support The Epoch Times. Share this article.

Ivan has reported for The Epoch Times on a variety of topics since 2011.