The Epoch Times is seeking journalists from across Australia to cover local, national and Pacific news.
Essential to the role is a passion for the news, at least one year of professional writing or reporting experience, and the ability to produce well-written stories to a deadline. In reporting the news, you will have the ability to uphold the company’s values of accurate and honest reporting, while producing breaking news and contributing original reporting through enterprise stories and feature articles.
Applicants should have completed a bachelor degree from a recognised university in Australia or overseas. However, applicants who have completed a minimum of four semesters of a university degree will also be considered. Alternatively, applicants must demonstrate they have at least two years of professional writing experience.
Applicants will also need to demonstrate fluency in written and spoken English.
– Find and pitch local stories of national relevance.
– Develop and maintain a pipeline of mid-range and long-length articles.
– Seek out primary sources and conduct original interviews.
– Accept assignments to carry out reporting for national stories.
– Adhere to the Journalism Code of Ethics and The Epoch Times Reporting Guidelines.
The successful applicant will:
– Be able to research topics and produce clear and concise writing to a deadline and have strong narrative skills for feature articles.
– Possess excellent research skills and have a proven ability to tell complex stories in a relatable way
– The ability to take well-composed still photos would also be a big plus, but it is not necessary.
To apply please send your resume, two references, a cover letter, and samples of your work that demonstrate excellence in writing balanced, accurate news stories with a high standard of spelling, grammar, and style to email@example.com.
Please include any links to any relevant photo or videos samples that may be relevant to your application.