Liverpool move for Radamel Falcao and Edinson Cavani, Manchester United pursue Juan Cuadrado, while Victor Moses exits Stamford Bridge on loan.
Reds boss Brendan Rodgers revealed that the coffers are still open at Anfield, and he is still looking to add on another striker.
“The money is there – and we will look to improve at the top end of the field until the very end of the window,” said Rodgers at a press conference.
“It’s not easy to get a top level striker, no. But we have to keep looking.
“We certainly need something, because we haven’t brought in another striker so far, apart from Rickie Lambert.”
Indeed, the only other striker Rodgers has bought, Divock Origi, will only arrive next season from Lille as part of the transfer deal.
“You just never know what will happen in that last week – the window will always throw up something.
“We will persevere, and the boys are working hard behind the scenes to see what information we can get on the availability of players.”
The Mirror has speculated that Liverpool could move for either the 28-year-old Monaco marksman Radamel Falcao or Uruguay striker Edinson Cavani.
Samuel Eto’o, who is currently a free agent, will be brought in only as a last resort.
Meanwhile, Juan Cuadrado is not part of the Fiorentina squad set to face Real Madrid on Saturday, fueling speculation that he is set to move, according to the Daily Mail.
Man United and Barcelona are said to be interested in securing the 26-year-old winger’s services.
In particular, new United manager Louis van Gaal is keen on Cuadrado because he will fit in perfectly as a wing-back in Van Gaal’s favored 3-5-2 system.
Over at Chelsea, winger Victor Moses is set for another season long loan spell, this time to Stoke City.
The 23-year-old winger has been loaned out to Crystal Palace, Wigan Athletic, and Liverpool, and has made only 43 appearances for Chelsea since joining the club.