‘Dog The Bounty Hunter’ Star Duane Chapman Did Not Suffer Heart Attack: Report

Spokesman says he is under a 'doctor's care'
September 17, 2019 Updated: September 17, 2019

Duane “Dog the Bounty Hunter” Chapman didn’t suffer a heart attack over the weekend, but he is not in the clear either, reported TMZ in an update on the reality TV star’s condition.

Chapman, 66, underwent a number of tests, but the report said that he was hospitalized likely due to stress and blood pressure.

Doctors performed an angiogram on Chapman, showing that it was normal, TMZ reported.

He was also released from the hospital late on Sept. 16, a person told the news outlet.

In a statement on Twitter, a representative for Chapman said, “I can confirm Dog is under doctor’s care and is resting comfortably. Thank you for all of your well wishes- keep ’em coming.”

The spokesperson didn’t elaborate on the nature of Chapman’s medical issue.

Meanwhile, daughter Bonnie Chapman wrote on Instagram: “Love you, pops.”

Chapman became well known to television audiences for his “Dog the Bounty Hunter” reality TV series that aired from 2004 until 2012. His wife, Beth Chapman, starred alongside him before she died in June 2019.

In a recent interview, Chapman said that his wife continued to speak about her cancer diagnosis and kept filming their reality TV show until she died.

“She said no, this is my life, and I’m going to show every bit of it. So, she battled it for two years, beat it once, and then it came back very aggressive,” he told Fox News. “And then she decided chemo, she did one treatment, it just about killed her. She couldn’t even move her pinky. So, they said, well, you could get 16 months with chemo or 15 without it. And she said, ‘I’ve got to be out there with you and the family.’ So, she went all the way to the end. The week before she went to heaven, she put a guy in jail.”

Duane and Beth Chapman in a stock photo (Getty Images | Rick Diamond)

In another interview with Entertainment Tonight, he recalled that Beth simply told him to let go as she was preparing to die in late June.

He told the website: “And I didn’t even make a decision, I almost said, ‘I can’t.’ Before I could say, ‘All right,’ she couldn’t breathe, and I called the ambulance … But every day, she talked as if she was not there. ‘Here’s what to do with this, here’s what to do with that. Don’t keep running your mouth. When they ask you a specific question, just answer that.’”