Chinese Carmaker BYD Outsells Tesla
Tesla is no longer leading the world’s electric vehicle market. A Chinese company has taken its place. But how?
The United States calls on a leading production equipment maker in the Netherlands. Washington wants it to stop selling gear to China—a move that could deal another major blow to Chinese microchip manufacturers.
The United States says it’s watching Taiwan closely and keeping an eye on Beijing’s moves toward the island.
At the same time, Taiwan is showing off its new military training jets.
A Chinese professor says 940 million people earn less than $300 monthly in China. That makes up two thirds of the country’s population.
Another real estate company in China finds itself buried under billions of debt.
A Canadian tycoon is facing trial in China. The news comes five years after he disappeared in Hong Kong.
Topics in this episode:
- Chinese Carmaker BYD Outsells Tesla
- German Car Makers Boost Business in China
- WH: Biden Looking at Options on China Tariffs
- U.S. to the Netherlands: Don’t Sell Microchip Making Gear to China
- Gen. Milley: China Attack on Taiwan Not Imminent
- Taiwan Touts New Air Force Training Jets
- Nearly 1B People in China Earn Less Than $300/month
- Chinese Property Developer Misses $1B Payment
- Golf Tournament Cancelled for 3rd Year in Shanghai
- Canadian Billionaire Blocked from Consular Access at Trial in China
- Russia Becomes China’s Biggest Oil Supplier
- Eftimiades: CCP Influence at All Levels
- Macau Mostly Shut Down to Curb Covid-19
Have other topics you want us to cover? Drop us a line: firstname.lastname@example.org
And if you’d like to buy us a coffee: https://donorbox.org/china-in-focus
Subscribe to our newsletter for more first-hand news from China.
Follow China in Focus on social media:
Click the “Save” button below the video to access it later on “My List”
Follow EpochTV on social media: