Boss Day, or Bosses Day, is slated for Thursday, October 16.
The day is an opportunity to show your appreciation of your boss, and to give him or her a small gift–perhaps a card with a funny saying in it.
Check out some quotes and sayings below.
1. “With power comes the abuse of power. And where there are bosses, there are crazy bosses. It’s nothing new.” — Judd Rose
2. “By working faithfully eight hours a day you may eventually get to be boss and work twelve hours a day.” — Robert Frost
3. “One measure of leadership is the caliber of people who choose to follow you.” — Dennis Peer
4. “The best leader is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it.” — Theodore Roosevelt
5. “People ask the difference between a leader and a boss. The leader leads, and the boss drives.” — Theodore Roosevelt
6. “A leader is admired, a boss is feared.” Vincente del Bosque
7. “We need people who can actually do things. We have too many bosses and too few workers.” — Andy Rooney
8. “If you tell the boss you were late for work because you had a flat tire, the next morning you will have a flat tire.” — Cannon’s Law
9. “Show me a man who is a good loser and I’ll show you a man who is playing golf with his boss.” — Jim Murray
10. “You have to, in your own life, get people to want to work with you and want to help you. The organizational chart, in my opinion, means very little. I need my bosses’ goodwill, but I need the goodwill of my subordinates even more.” — Lloyd Blankfein
11. “‘Bossy’ is someone who bosses people around without reason.” — Stephanie Powers
12. “To make a long story short, there’s nothing like having a boss walk in.” — Doris Lilly
13. “There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else.” — Sam Walton
A young man is interviewing for a position.
The boss asks, “What would you say is your greatest weakness?”
The young man replies, “Honesty.”
The boss says, “I don’t think of honesty as a weakness.”
The young man replies, “I don’t give a damn what you think.”
“If your boss is getting you down, look at him through the prongs of a fork and imagine him in jail.” — David Brent
“The boss is always right.” — Unknown
“The boss is not sleeping–he’s resting.” — Unknown
“You can come in into the boss’s office with your ideas but come out with his.” — Unknown
“If you think your boss is stupid, remember: you wouldn’t have a job if he was any smarter.” — John Gotti
“When my boss asked me who is the stupid one, me or him? I told him everyone knows he doesn’t hire stupid people.” — Unknown
*Boss image via Shutterstock