Body of Slain UConn Professor May Have Been Left Inside Home for Months

February 13, 2018 Updated: February 13, 2018

The body of the slain University of Connecticut professor may have been left inside his home for months, according to new reports.

Dr. Pierluigi Bigazzi, 84, was found dead inside his home in Burlington last week after police were called to the home.

Bigazzi’s wife, 70-year-old Linda Kosuda-Bigazzi, was later arrested and charged with murder and tampering with evidence.

Now Bigazzi’s ex-wife, Anna Bigazzi, believes that her former husband’s body was actually inside for months before being discovered.

She told WSFB that state police have asked for copies of her alimony checks dating back to last summer because they’re not sure if the checks were written by him.

Neighbors told the broadcaster that they don’t know anyone who saw Bigazzi alive after July 2017.

WFSB 3 Connecticut
“I’ve only seen her drive the vehicle going in and out picking up their mail, and that’s pretty much it,” said Robert Perzan, who lives next door to the Bigazzis.

Bonnie O’Neill, who has lived across from the couple for at least 30 years, said that Kosuda-Bigazzi would ignore her neighbors completely.

“We feel terrible that something could have happened and we could have made any difference, but they wanted their privacy,” O’Neill told the Hartford Courant of the couple. “It’s been years of that.”

The UConn Health Department issued a statement after the death was announced.

“We are deeply saddened to hear of the passing of our longtime faculty member Dr. Pierluigi Bigazzi, professor in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at UConn School of Medicine,” UConn Health said in a statement. “After being unable to reach Bigazzi, concerned departmental leadership contacted UConn Police who visited his home. UConn Police immediately contacted the local police department who is investigating the death in collaboration with the State Police.”

Kosuda-Bigazzi was arraigned on Tuesday in Superior Court in Bristol. She agreed to wear a GPS monitoring system affixed to her ankle and remain in her home unless she goes out to buy food, or for medical or legal appointments, reported the Courant.


 Recommended Video:

Cookie-Crazed Squirrel Attacks New York Policeman