AT&T and Sprint are rolling out the Android 4.4.4 KitKat for the Moto X now.
Typically, mobile phone carriers in the United States release the latest Android update in a “soak test” to a number of users to see if there are any outstanding issues and complaints.
The mass roll out will be carried out if the soak test users do not report any major problems with the update.
Motorola has confirmed that they were indeed rolling out the Android 4.4.4 KitKat update for AT&T, but have yet to announce that they are rolling out the update for Sprint.
Given that Sprint only just released its Android 4.4.4 KitKat update for soak testing, the mass roll out could be on its way in a couple of days.
Indeed, Motorola writes that ACG, US Cellular, and Sprint’s Android 4.4.4 KitKat update is “Coming Soon.”
Here are the instructions for Moto X users on how to download the update via Motorola.
For users who have received a notification message about the update:
1) Select “Download”.
2) After the software is downloaded, select “Install now”.
3) After the software is installed, your phone will re-start automatically.
4) Your phone is now updated with 212.55.26
For those who have not received the notification, or wish to update the Moto X manually:
1) Select the Settings icon in the apps menu.
2) Select “About phone”.
3) Select “System updates”.
4) Select “Download”. After the software is downloaded, select “Install”.
5) After the software is installed, your phone will re-start automatically.
6) Your phone is now updated to 212.55.26