The 2014 NYC St. Patrick’s Day Parade is set for Monday, March 17, from 11 a.m. to about 5:00 p.m. local time.
The Parade is held in Manhattan, and will start from 5th Avenue, 44th Street, and finish at 79th Street.
The Parade will be broadcast from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. local time on NBC Channel 4.
Live stream is also available on NBC’s website.
Banks and Schools
Since St. Patrick’s Day is not a Federal holiday, banks and schools are open.
The following streets are closed from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.:
– 5th Avenue between 42nd Street and 86th Street
– Madison Avenue between 63rd Street and 64th Street
– Vanderbilt Avenue from 43rd Street to 46th Street
– 44th Street and 45th Street between Vanderbilt Avenue and 6th Avenue
– 46th Street to 48th Street between Park Avenue and 6th Avenue
– 63rd Street and 64th Street between 5th Avenue and Madison Avenue
– 80th Street to 85th Street between 5th Avenue and Madison Avenue
MTA Trains and Buses
Alcohol is banned on trains from Monday, 12:01 a.m., to Tuesday, 5:00 a.m.
All services will run regular weekday schedules, with some extra trains added:
Hudson Line: Extra train departing Poughkeepsie at 8:22 AM, stopping at New Hamburg, Beacon and then heading straight into Grand Central Terminal.
Long Island Rail Road
Westbound Trains to Penn Station:
– Extra 9:23 AM train from Wantagh making all stops through Rockville Centre, then stopping at Jamaica and New York
– Extra 9:48 AM train from Wantagh making all stops through Rockville Centre, then stopping at Jamaica and New York.
Port Jefferson Branch
– Extra 9 AM train from Hicksville, stopping at Westbury, Mineola, Merillon Ave, New Hyde Park, Jamaica, and New York.
– Extra 10:15 AM from Huntington, stopping at Hicksville, Jamaica, and Penn Station Ronkonkoma Branch
– Extra 9:27 AM from Farmingdale, stopping at Bethpage, Hicksville, Mineola, Jamaica, and Penn Station
Eastbound Trains from Penn Station:
– Extra 2:32 PM running express to Lynbrook, then making all stops to Babylon.
– Extra 3:00 PM train to Babylon making stops at Jamaica, Rockville Centre and all local stops to Babylon.
– Extra 3:31 PM running express to Rockville Centre, then making all local stops to Babylon
Port Jefferson Branch
– Extra 2:08 PM train to Huntington stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, Carle Place and making all stops to Huntington.
– Extra 2:29 PM train to Huntington, stopping at Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica, New Hyde Park, and making all stop to Huntington.
– Extra 3:24 PM train to Hicksville stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, Westbury and Hicksville.
Port Washington Branch
-Extra 3:40 PM train to Great Neck, stopping at Woodside, Flushing Main Street and making all stops to Great Neck.
Far Rockaway Branch
– Extra 3:48 PM train to Far Rockaway stopping at Locust Manor and making all stops to Far Rockaway
These buses will be rerouted, but still pass the parade area: M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, M31, M42, M50, M57, M66, M72, M79, M86, BxM2, BxM3, BxM4, BxM6, BxM7, BxM8, BxM9, BxM10, BxM11, BM1, BM2, BM3, BM4, BM5, QM1, QM2, QM4, QM5, QM6, QM15, Q32, X1, X10, X17.