The holiday season is looming and family and friends have let you know they are planning a visit. It’s best to prepare early before the busy time of baking, entertaining, shopping, and decorating starts.
If you have a spare room or guest room this may be the time to add a fresh coat of paint. Otherwise, prepare a corner in the family room or den. Add a screen for privacy and set up a sofa-bed or futon.
Look for ways to add extra hooks or racks behind bedroom and bathroom doors for hanging clothes, wet towels, etc.
Set out a breakfast bar of cereal, bread for toast, coffee and tea, mugs, bowls, and plates and an electric kettle so your guests don’t have to rummage around looking for basic items. It allows them get up in the morning when they’re ready and be self-sufficient without you.
To make your guests’ stay more comfortable, stock the bedroom with a few essentials to make it warm and inviting:
• A throw to cuddle up with on chilly evenings, plus a spare blanket for the bed
• A few good books and magazines to give them (and you) some down time
• A portable fold-up luggage rack will keep the luggage off the floor and off your clean bedding
• An alarm clock, set to the correct time (turn off the alarm)
• Plenty of coat hangers in the closet and space for hanging clothes if guests are staying a couple of days or more
• A CD player with a selection of music
5 Tips for a Luxurious Spa Bathroom
The bathroom your guests will use is just as important as the bedroom, so supply it with a few luxurious bath products to make them feel pampered as if staying at a spa.
1) Fragrant candles and fresh flower petals in a dish for a calming soak in the bathtub
2) A spa basket filled with bubble bath, creams, peppermint lip gloss, brushes. Don’t forget an extra toothbrush, toothpaste, and other necessities your guests may have forgotten
3) Plush towels with assorted holiday soaps scented with seasonal fragrances
4) Slip-on slippers and bathrobe
5) Fresh flowers or greenery
The Epoch Times publishes in 35 countries and in 19 languages. Subscribe to our e-newsletter.