Here’s some of the latest WWE updates and rumors, including on Brock Lesnar, Vince McMahon, and more:
Lesnar draws interest from Bellator
Scott Coker, the head of MMA promotion Bellator, has said that his organization will make an attempt to pursue WWE heavyweight champ and former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar.
Speaking on The MMA Hour, Coker said, “We’ve had a conversation internally and it’s worth a conversation, but that’s something we’ll pursue maybe later into January or maybe February.”
“But I would say, look, any fighter that’s out there or any star athlete; not star athlete in the sense of a baseball player, but like a Brock Lesnar, or somebody that really wants to fight, we’re going to have a conversation with them,” he added. “Because if they can move the needle, we’re going to want them on Spike TV. I think that he’s a big needle mover. There have been several years that have passed and I think that he still has the WWE limelight.”
There’s been rumors indicating that Lesnar might return to fighting after his WWE contract expires.
UFC President Dana White has previously said that he would be open to Lesnar’s return to the organization.
McMahon apologizes to Punk
Vince McMahon has issued an apology to CM Punk after the former WWE superstar criticized the organization for how he was released.
In an interview with Colt Cabana on his podcast, Punk said that he was fired on his wedding day with AJ Lee–months after he left the promotion.
McMahon said the whole thing was a coincidence and not deliberate, as Punk alleged.
“I would like to apologize,” McMahon said on the Steve Austin Show. “Sometimes in a big corporation, the legal people don’t necessarily know what talent relations are doing and conversely and Punk got his severance papers on the day he got married. And that was a coincidence. So, I want to personally apologize for that.”
He also noted: “Other than that, the only thing I want to say about Punk is there have been a number of individuals in the past that have been disgruntled, said a lot of things about the organization and I’m not going to wash the dirty laundry in public. I don’t think there’s any reason for that. I think there are a lot of things he may say that he may regret one day in terms of looking back at it. But nonetheless, I hope that one day we will be able to get back together again.”
Cena-Rollins match official
The rumored John Cena-Seth Rollins tables match was made official for the upcoming TLC pay-per-view on Sunday, Dec. 14 in Cleveland.
“An added stipulation places even more weight on to the 15-time World Champion’s shoulders heading into the monumental bout. Should Cena lose, he will no longer be No. 1 contender to The Beast Incarnate’s title,” according to a release from WWE.com.
The release adds: “It should be noted that if Rollins wins, he will not become No. 1 contender. Instead a new one will be named in Cena’s place. But Rollins still has the coveted Money in the Bank contract, which guarantees him a WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match any time, any place.”
It’s also worth noting that Lesnar was pulled from next Monday’s Slammy Awards RAW in Greenville, South Carolina. He was pulled due to a creative change, and he’ll return for the Dec. 15 episode of RAW.
Next page: Sting, CM Punk, Triple H