Two F/A-18 Super Hornets launch from the flight deck of the USS Abraham Lincoln in the Mediterranean Sea in support of Operation Epic Fury, on March 3, 2026. U.S. Navy via Getty Images
The United States said on April 15 that a sweeping naval blockade of Iranian ports had been fully implemented, effectively halting the vast majority of the country’s seaborne trade.
U.S. Central Command Commander Adm. Brad Cooper said in a post on X that U.S. forces maintain “maritime superiority in the Middle East.”
Evgenia Filimianova is a UK-based journalist covering a wide range of international stories, with a particular interest in foreign policy, economy, and UK politics.