Marshall has moved to immediately lift restrictions allowing people from the same household to exercise outdoors together, and as of midnight on Saturday stay-at-home orders will be raised.
The worker had previously told contact tracers he had only bought a pizza there, making him not part of the close contact list. However, after further enquiries from South Australia (SA) police, he admitted to being a part-time employee at the pizza bar.
Premier Marshall was furious and was assessing the consequences for the individual’s action.
This person’s information has had a major impact on the health response, according to Police Commissioner and State Coordinator, Grant Stevens.
“Had this person been truthful to the contact tracing teams, we would not have gone into a six-day lockdown,” Stevens said.
When asked if he thought the six-day lockdown was an overreaction to what was 34 active CCP virus cases, Stevens said, “It was the appropriate decision to make ... because of the fears in relation to the transmissibility of this strain of the COVID-19 virus.”
SA’s Chief Health Officer Professor Nicola Spurrier said she had no regrets for the actions taken, noting that they had to move quickly to avoid a hotel quarantine outbreak similar to neighbouring state Victoria.
“If we took the soft approach, it would simmer along, and we would get patches of virus outbreak across the community Spurrier said.
- Public venues revert to four-meter squared density.
- Hospitality bookings no more than ten people.
- Funerals limited to 50 maximum, religious ceremonies capped at 100, weddings, 150 (but no dancing or drinking standing up).
- Private gatherings limited to 50 people, in households ten maximum.
- Hairdressers and beauty therapists are required to wear masks.
- Gymnasiums will reopen open with the same four-meter squared ruling.
Marshall emphasised that he now focused on reopening the South Australian economy while sidestepping questions on whether businesses will be compensated for having to close due to restrictions.