Ontario Reaches $23 Million Deal With Crown Royal Manufacturer to Keep Drink on LCBO Shelves

Ontario Reaches $23 Million Deal With Crown Royal Manufacturer to Keep Drink on LCBO Shelves
A bottle of Crown Royal Canadian whisky is seen in Burlington, Ont., on Aug. 28, 2025. The Canadian Press/Sean Vokey
|Updated:
0:00

The government of Ontario says Crown Royal will stay on liquor store shelves after the province reached a nearly $23 million deal with the beverage’s producer.

Premier Doug Ford previously said that Crown Royal whisky, manufactured by Diageo, would be taken off the shelves of Liquor Control Board of Ontario (LCBO) stores after the company announced it would be closing its facility in Amherstburg, Ont.