The COVID-19 Hotel Quarantine Inquiry board declared phone records that prompted the Victorian government's former Department of Premier and Cabinet (DPC) secretary Chris Eccles to resign would be released Friday afternoon.
The new statements and phone details come from Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton, Premier Daniel Andrews, as well as his office personnel; Chief of Staff Lissie Ratcliff, Director of Policy Cameron Harrison and a non-executive staff member only referred to as "the senior adviser."
Victorian government, Department of Premier and Cabinet Secretary Chirs Eccles on Sept. 21, 2020. (COVID-19 Hotel Quarantine Inquiry [CC by 4.0])
It came after a request was made by the board of inquiry last month for himself and Andrews to reveal their phone records.
He told the inquiry he had not spoken to Ashton on the day in question and was not privy to information about arrangements of hotel private security guards. The records showed that this was untrue.
In his resignation statement, Eccles said he did not make the decision to use private security and unaware such a decision had been made.
Since the first public hearing on Aug. 17, there have been three witnesses who worked for the Victorian government step down.
Ashton had previously given evidence declaring he could not recall who he spoke to before 1.20 p.m.
Epidemiology has found that 99 percent of all infections after June trace back to the outbreak in the Melbourne hotels.
The Hotel Quarantine Inquiry is expected to hand down their final report on Dec. 21.