At Least Two Dead in Old Montreal Building Fire, Arson Suspected

At Least Two Dead in Old Montreal Building Fire, Arson Suspected
Firefighters battle a fire in Old Montreal on Oct.4, 2024. The Canadian Press/Ryan Remiorz
|Updated:
0:00

An undetermined number of people died in a major fire in Old Montreal on Friday, police said, in a building owned by a man whose other property in the same neighbourhood went up in flames last year, killing seven.

A police source who spoke to The Canadian Press on condition of anonymity because he wasn’t permitted to speak publicly said at least two people died in the early morning fire, but officials would not confirm that number.