Video: Queen Elizabeth and Prince Harry Respond to Obama’s Invictus Games Challenge
Queen Elizabeth and her grandson Prince Harry responded to a “threat” by President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama on April 29.
The First Lady had previously send out a tweet with a video featuring her and the president. She said in the clip, “Hey Prince Harry. Remember when you told us to bring it at the Invictus Games?”
President Obama then added, “Be careful what you wish for,” while an official in the background made a mic drop signal saying, “Boom.”
— The First Lady (@FLOTUS) April 29, 2016
In return, a video shot back across the Atlantic: Prince Harry was sitting down with the Queen as they looked at a picture of athletes, a bit worried about an American, who they called “incredibly fast.”
The video of the threat came in as a message from FLOTUS on the prince’s phone through the ringtone of “Hail to The Chief.”
“Do you want to watch this together? Let’s have a look,” said Prince Harry to the Queen.
However, the Queen was unfazed by the video and simply said “Oh really? Please.”
The Prince then turned to the camera and said, “Boom.”
“Unfortunately for you @FLOTUS and @POTUS I wasn’t alone when you sent me that video,” said Prince Harry in the tweet with the video response.
The clip of the Queen’s response was posted on the Kensington Palace account on Twitter, and was retweeted over 4,000 times only 2 hours after it was released.
Prince Harry had previously said this in a tweet before releasing the clip with the Queen:
— Kensington Palace (@KensingtonRoyal) April 29, 2016
An idea from Prince Harry, The Invictus Games is a sporting event for wounded, injured, and sick servicemen and women. It will take place in Orlando, Fla., at the Walt Disney World Resort in May.
Prince Harry will visit the United States next week to support his countrymen and women competing in the games.